U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Plainfield, MI
A 39-year-old female asked:

I have bunions and i keep walking. my shoes are big enough to give room and offer lots of support. what should i do to keep my feet from hurting?

2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michelle Achor
Podiatry 17 years experience
Bunion pain: If you have bunion pain that does not go away after making sure you are wearing proper shoes that don't rub the area, you should see a podiatrist. There are some conservative treatment measures such as padding, cortisone injections, or medications that may help. Often times surgery is required.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Peter Tomasello
Orthopedic Surgery 31 years experience
As mentioned have an evaluation
Aug 25, 2013
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
39 years experience
Bunion : Tend to run in families and usually its the foot structure that cause them. See podiatrist. For all conservative options or surgery if needed.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 29-year-old member asked:
Is it possible that wearing tight shoes caused me to get fluid filled bunions on my feet?
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 61-year-old female asked about a 65-year-old female:
I have flat feet, bunions and overpronate. What kind of shoe do you recommend? I wear orthotics,
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 37-year-old member asked:
Which shoe type is perfect for flat feet or bunions?
3 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Last updated Mar 28, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.