hit head hard should i be alarmed at all if i don't feel out of whack?

No if you feel fine : That is fine. Just self monitor for delayed symptoms. You can have a concussion with or without loss of consciousness. Possible symptoms include: headache/ pressure of head, inability to recall what happened, dizziness, decreased coordination, ringing in the ears, confusion, slurred speech, nausea or vomiting & extreme fatigue. If you believe you have a concussion please seek medical care. Seek.
Provided original answer
emergency care for loss of consciousness, on-going confusion, seizures, new onset of unequal pupils, recurrent vomiting, change in level of consciousness, loss of balance or difficulty walking.
Sep 1, 2013