why does my knees pop and grind cracking like sound every time i bend my knees my joints hurt as well i'm 22 year old female?

Dr. Peter Ihle
53 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Mal alignment/chondo: Mal alignment is common in women . This means the knee cap doesn't track properly and u get excessive wear of the under surface of the knee cap due this & the cartilage under them begins 2 soften & then becomes rough and the irregular surface is the cause of the noise & pain . Noticed when the knees r loaded as in squatting, stairs, down especially c an orthopedic surgeon.
Answered on Nov 24, 2013
3