India
A male asked:

infant (age 1yr 3 months) had fever. now his mouth have started bleeding. pls let me know the reasons and possible remedies for the same.

Dr. David Namerow
Probable viral infec: Fever with a small amount of bleeding from the mouth could be a viral infection like coxsackie. Small ulcers can be painful -- treat with increased fluids and tylenol (acetaminophen). Other cause could be gingivitis -- inflamed gums. Massage the gums gently and give fluids and tylenol (acetaminophen) for pain. If lots of bleeding, your baby needs to be seen and evaluated!