Great Falls, VA
A 70-year-old female asked:

Blood when passing gas. when i call my primary care dr what response should i get? i am 70 year old female with no health problems.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 30 years experience
GI Bleeding: They should either recommend that you go in to see them or recommend a GI specialist or a colo-rectal specialist to be examined and evaluated.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 27, 2015
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.