Newark, NJ

its been two weeks since my throat started bothering me and now im coughing, my chest hurts, my ears burn, my head feel tight, and hard to breathe.

Dr. Jerome Zacks
Cardiology 51 years experience
Needs evaluation.: Of concern first is to rule out a strep throat because, untreated, it can lead to immunologic consequences such as rheumatic fever or post-strep glomerulonehritis. Next, it would be important to have a thorough medical exam (history and physical). A decision would then be made as to whether an ECG and chest x-rays might be needed. Smoke cessation could play a major role in life expectancy.