U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 25-year-old member asked:

I have a freckle on my face which has got darker bigger in size and has now got a small scally textured lump now?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Daniel Konold
Family Medicine 34 years experience
Biopsy: Any new or changing skin lesion should be biopsied.
Dr. Donald Shenenberger
Dermatology 26 years experience
Skin lesion: Without seeing this lesion and based on your description my thoughts run from a benign, traumatized nevus all the way to a malignant melanoma. I recommend you have this examined by a dermatologist.
Last updated Dec 20, 2012


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.