High Point, NC

i ate popcorn at the movies, six weeks after a wisdom toothextraction. now, my gum and jaw are swollen and they hurt.it didn't happen until now. what should i do?

Dr. Mike Deldar
Cosmetic Dentistry 24 years experience
Have it checked out: Go back to your dentist and have them look at the socket ( place of extracted tooth).
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
In that area?: Is the swelling and/or pain in the area of the tooth extraction, or someplace else? Your post did not say. After six weeks the extraction should be healed. You may have a different problem unrelated to the extraction, and that's why you need to call your dentist for an exam and diagnosis.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Dental problem: Your current symptoms may or may not be related to the extraction 6 weeks ago. In any case, the only way to know what's wrong and what treatment is needed is to see your own local dentist.