U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 20-year-old female asked:

I have off and on symptoms of a yeast infection. should i still visit my ob/gyn?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Antoanella Calame
Pathology 20 years experience
Yes: You should continue to see a doctor if you are still having symptoms so that they can give you something to help you can get rid of the yeast infection.
Dr. Creighton Likes
Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility 19 years experience
Probably: If the over the counter yeast remedies aren't working, seeing your gynecologist would be wise. They would also be able to confirm that it's actually a yeast infection and not something else.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 29, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.