I have no motivation to do anything. all i do is work and sleep. i am on depression meds and they work to a point. how do i get outta this funk i'm in?

11 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Well, it sounds like: It is going to take more than depression medications. You need more variety in your activities then just going to work & sleeping. It may be hard, but force yourself not to isolate. Get out once in a while too. Preferably in green spaces. Aim for at least 8 hours of sleep per night. Are you taking the time to eat healthfully? This is very important. Try to be be physically active every day. >>>>.

Answered 10/4/2016

4.9k views

Depression: Medication is not enough to conquer depression, individual or group psychotherapy are very helpful in alleviating depressive symptoms. Ask your doctor for a referral to someone who practices psychotherapy, ths will likely help you get out of the funk your are experincing. My best.

Answered 5/15/2016

4.9k views

Dr. Alan Ali answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Depression: Response is better, as well as prognosis, if medications are used concurrently with psychotherapy. Talk to your psychiatrist.

Answered 8/13/2013

4.9k views