U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 40-year-old member asked:

My sister has inflammation of cornea. what should i tell her?

2 doctor answers12 doctors weighed in
Dr. Joseph Eichenbaum
Ophthalmology 49 years experience
Obtain diagnosis: Corneal inflammation is only a description. Corneal evaluation by an ophthalmologist is essential. This will likely produce a diagnosis, which will likely lead to suggestions of treatment options, need for further local ocular and or systemic testing and yet additional possible treatment options and prognosis.
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
See an eye doctor: The cornea can swell as a result of several conditions, but true inflammation is much less common and is often a result of infection. Regradless of the cause, any decreased vision from corneal swelling should be evaluated by an eye doctor. There are usually very good treatment options available.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 29-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A 33-year-old male asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 18-year-old female asked:
3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 41-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 45-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Oct 18, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.