Wallkill, NY

I took my nuvaring out 10 days ago since my husband and i decided to try for another baby and i still haven't gotten my period what's going on?

Dr. Joan Sy
Dr. Joan Syanswered
TRY TO RELAX: Could be just the worry of not having your period. If 2wks pass w.O menses either go to your doctor's office for a preg test or take an over the counter test yourself. If you persist w.O a cycle blood tests can tell if there is any imbalance causing the lack of bleeding. Most likely it is worry related.
Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
Missed period: It is not uncommon for someone to have a delayed period after stopping any type of hoymonal contraceptive. Your body is trying to get back to its normal rhythm without the artificial hormones. It may last from a few weeks of delay and sometimes, up to a year. If you are greatly concerned about this, see your gynecologist. You may need some blood tests to make sure everything is alright.

Last updated Mar 12, 2016