U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Wyandotte, MI
A 54-year-old female asked:

What to do for a knee strain?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 31 years experience
RICE: Rest, ice, compression & elevation is a good basis upon which to start treating most injuries. If any bleeding, bruising or deformity is noted, go see your doctor immediately. Same if you can't bear weight or walk.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 38-year-old member asked:
Knee still straining after bursitis housemaids knee from 2 weeks ago why is this?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 36-year-old member asked:
Can you tell me if it's common for dancers to get knee strains?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 20-year-old female asked:
Is there a test I can do myself @ home to figure out if my knee injury is a sprain or strain?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 48-year-old member asked:
Is it possible for a strain in one of the muscles near the quad area to cause pain in the knees?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Aug 7, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.