Daytona Beach, FL

Would you please cite some references of books etc on the subject of coping with chronic illness? i have lupus and it is hard to deal with.

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Support group: I am sure there is a foundation somewhere near your related to lupus. You should consider joining a support group which will likely provide you more personal insights and reading recommendation. Chronic illness is often a major issue and you will need all the help you can get.
Dr. Tracy Lovell
Rheumatology 21 years experience
See below: Check out the the lupus foundation of america chapter in your state as they can provide you with online as well as local support groups.
Dr. Abby Caplin
Integrative Medicine 40 years experience
Books on Coping: There are many books on coping with chronic illness. I hope you have already found them! rather than simply coping, i also like to find books that give me perspective and insight. Dr. Remen's "kitchen table wisdom" is a classic, as is arthur frank's "at the will of the body." for couples, kivowitz and weisman's "in sickness as in health" is also packed with info and wisdom.

Last updated Apr 18, 2014