I work really hard to stay in shape and eat right. now i have a diagnosis of constrictive pericarditis. what else can i do so that it doesn't affect my overall health?

Dr. Robert Vogt Lowell
Specializes in Pediatric Cardiology
See a cardiologist: In constrictive pericarditis the fibrous sack that envelops your heart has lost its ability to stretch for some reason and this impacts the ability of your heart to fill and function properly. In some cases removing this fibrous sack may improve the patient's condition. Ask your cardiologist if you are a candidate for this.