U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old member asked:

What can i do to buld up my iron levels as my heart valve is chewing up to many red blood cells?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Tedde Rinker
A Verified Doctoranswered
44 years experience
Iron rich foods: You can take iron tablets, which are available otc, and that will help to some degree. Foods rich in the most readily usable form come from animals that also produce hemoglobin. So meats like beef, liver, chicken and fish are rich in iron. The most iron rich vegetable is spinach.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 9, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.