What are the top reasons for getting c-section complications?

Dr. Scott Beard
Urogynecology 25 years experience
Which ones?: Which complications? That's liek asking what's the top reason for having car trouble? Risk factors in general are obesity, repeat c/s, poor surgical skill, poor nutrition and hygiene. Peole don't understand what additional challenges obesity presents for the surgical team and also for healing. As a urogyn one of the few times i'm called in to help is with 300 pound plus patients due to challenge.
Dr. Wesley Grootwassink
Long labor: The top two issues one can have after a c-section are bleeding and infection. Infection can occur in multiple areas...Lungs bladder and wound being the most common. Prolonged ruture of membanes and labor prior to the C-section have been associated with increased risk of infection, as has obesity.