I got my depo-shot on may 20th. Started my first period on may 30th aftr bby on/off periods& had unprotected sex when it stopped. Still on it? Normal?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
21 years experience in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Unpredictable: The bleeding patterns with depoprovera are unpredictable. You are right that for some in takes the period away. For others it causes irregular bleeding. There is no "normal" for Depo-Provera users. The longer you are on it the higher the chance of no periods. The Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud may be a better option for you if you want to avoid pregnancy and stop having periods.
Answered on Feb 19, 2015