my bug bite id really itchy and need the itch gone now, and i would like to know how to get rid of a bug bite! please help?

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Topical cortisone: Try to apply 1% Hydrocortisone cream to the bite site 4x daily for a few days. Covering the area after cortisone application with a bandaid may increase the penetration of cortisone to the skin. However the otc cream may well be too weak and you may need a more potent rx preparation. I have found gold bond anti-itch cream or sarna often helpful in reducing itching.