have c diff and no appetite. i no i need to eat to keep my body up. is it ok to eat yogurt, banana, yogurt, and slice of bread until i get appetite ?

Dr. Mohammed Parvez
C.diff: Clostridium difficle collitis is a serious infection and its after effects can be long lasting if nutrition is poor. I encourage you to take nutritious diet as tolerated, as in early stage of recovery, your gut may be able to digest all variety of food due to inflammation. Keep trying various consistency diets until you can tolerate it. Good luck !
Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 24 years experience
Yes, get calories: Particularly if the yogurt you chose has 'live cultures, ' it may help repopulate your GI tract with normal bacteria. Nothing wrong with a bland / soft (or 'brat') diet for a few days.

Last updated Jun 10, 2014