A member asked:

I've had tinea versicolor for at least 10 years. only on my trunk. clotrimazole doesn't work fast enough. what else can i use?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Diixa Patel answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

Milder cases can be treated with otc creams but more severe cases can be treated with prescription drugs such as diflucan, (fluconazole) ketoconozole, itracanozole or ciclopirox cream.

Answered Feb 3, 2015



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor