Dallas, TX

sharp stabbing pain in left upper quadrant towards my back. below ribs in my back. appears susuddenly and goes away just as quickly..

Dr. L. Stoney
Dr. L. Stoney answered
Pain Management 38 years experience
Pain: This type of pain may be a variety of conditions ranging from heart attack to acid in the stomach. It is impossible to evaluate this condition without a full physical examination.
Dr. Tracy Berg
General Surgery 32 years experience
When to get checked: Get in with your doc and ask for cardiac testing. A complete physical exam and blood labs, stress test and possible RUQ ultrasound should get you started on finding out what this is. If you develop fever or vomiting, get in sooner.

Last updated Mar 19, 2018