U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 40-year-old member asked:

Sudden sharp right arm pain, what to do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Peter Tomasello
Orthopedic Surgery 31 years experience
See below: Arm pain is a vague complaint . Neck problems are often associated . A thorough history and exam with xrays if indicated . Seek an orthopaedic surgeon specialized in spine . Just because he is a surgeon , he 'll try to exhaust all conservative treatment before surgery . Do not get your neck manipulated . Examination of the arm , in itself for pathologic findings as there are numerous areas in the arm form hand and wrist that can cause symptomatology can you elaborate on the exact location of your pain quality quantity chronology setting alleviating and aggravating factors and associated manifestations.

Related questions

A 18-year-old female asked:
4 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 32-year-old female asked:
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 20-year-old female asked about a 16-year-old female:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Oct 11, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.