I have ms and my eyes are very bad from o.n , i've not had an attack for a few years , is this normal . i used to get 4 a year?

Neurology 53 years experience
Variable: All ms pts are different, and the course of the illness varies. You do not indicate whether you are taking disease modifying medication, and would wonder if your meds are controlling the problems. However, you may have transitioned to a secondary progressive phase which would explain absence of relapses. Seek out an ms specialist and devise an approach for the future. Best of luck.
Dr. Andrew Dahl
Ophthalmology 56 years experience
It is normal: The clinical course of ms (demyelinating disease) is variable in terms of episodes of optic neuropathy. Some patients have frequent attacks for a few years and then may go years without further episodes. If you are on medication for ms, this can alsoi alter the frequency of exacerbations.
Dr. Nazhat Sharma
Ophthalmology 59 years experience
Most likely you have an early Pterygium or Pinguecula. It gets red and inflamed when exposed to sun wind or dust. Consult your Ophthalmologist for proper palliative treatment. .
Jul 18, 2013
Last updated Jun 8, 2015