Plano, TX

I have a rash on forearms & thighs. skin colored, slightly pink. not itchy. small bumps all over, not patchy. possibly allergic reaction to z-pack?

Dr. Tracy Lovell
Rheumatology 21 years experience
See below: If the rash is new since starting the z-pak, it is probably a reaction. Stop it and call and let your prescribng physician know.
Many possibilities: This could be a reaction to a z-pac , a new food, or some other exposure.I would hold stop the med for now and contact your pcp in the am. S/he may want to change the med or have you evaluated.This med is going to be in your system for a while.So more rash may continue to come up for some time.

Last updated Sep 2, 2018