Weyauwega, WI

I am 33 and stills suffer from acne. i have red marks on my face where breakouts used to be. any suggestions on how to get rid of acne and marks?

Pathology 44 years experience
Manage it: I was able to stop taking my acne medicine when i was 50. There's no cure but it does remit. If the oral contraceptive pill is right for you, it may end it. Otherwise, don't hesitate to let your physician treat you aggressively. One medicine that many physicians don't know, for tough cases only, is spironolactone.
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 30 years experience
Go see Dermatologist: Your family doctor can refer you to a dermatologist if s/he isn't comfortable offering you various anti-acne options. The dermatologist should have various ways to help smooth out your skin & less your acne scars. Be prepared to use 2 forms of contraception & get monthly pregnancy testing if you want to consider Isotretinoin aka accutane, which causes birth defects, thus need for birth control.