hi dr i hve red painless spots in the back of my throat i have a white painless tongue my tonsils also get inflamed very often what do i have?

Dr. David Kam
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 36 years experience
Seen below: Small bumps on tongue and throat are likely normal anatomical structures such as taste buds and lymphoid tissue in pharynx. See your primary care doctor.
Dr. Michael Farr
Specializes in Dentistry
Potential explanatio: Red spots on the back of the throat could be petechiae, or little bruises. These occur from trauma. Maybe back off from any oral activities you may be partaking in. White tongue could very well be related to the hairlike projections that grow on the tongue. Try brushing it more. Tonsils swelling is a normal immune response to any kind of infection. They are doing their job. Get evaluated.

Last updated Jan 4, 2015