I have pitting edema + 2 to bilateral lower extremities. high ldl of 433 and i tend to have more swelling in my right leg. could it be a clot?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology 30 years experience
It might lead to one: This appears to be a result of congestive heart failure/ fluid retention. This is usually in people in their sixth decade of life (50-60). However you've a high LDL and so there is likely an increased risk of heart disease. The edema is not a sign of a clot by itself, but the pressure on the vessels of your legs can cause one by venous stasis, etc.. Please see your doctor soon for therapy.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 9, 2013