U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old member asked:

How in the world can i get my eye to stop watering from these allergies?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bruce Saran
Ophthalmology 35 years experience
Treatment: You need a stepped approach to treatment. Eliminate the allergen, go on loratidine or cetrizine, and use eye drops. I start with zaditor which is over the counter and this fails consider prescription mess such as bepreve (bepotastine besilate). Tough cases do well on alrex. Talk to your eye doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 31 years experience
Consult an allergist to best manage your allergies long term
Jul 6, 2013
Dr. Dean Giannone
Internal Medicine 27 years experience
Allergic eyes: Allergic conjunctivitis can be treated with appropriate eye drops or even some nasal sprays or oral medications. If you’re not sure of the diagnosis, though, or if OTC treatments don’t help, then you should seek a medical opinion.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 31-year-old member asked:
Why do the eyes water all the time; would it be infection or allergies?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 27-year-old member asked:
Why do allergies make my eyes water?
2 doctor answers13 doctors weighed in
A 31-year-old female asked:
Why do my eyes constantly water when I have a cold or allergy attack?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 31-year-old member asked:
How can I prevent my eyes from watering? I don't think it's allergies, as I don't sneeze.
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 28, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.