U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 38-year-old member asked:

How can i get allergy relief for my watering eyes?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Giana Nicoara
Allergy and Immunology 29 years experience
Depends: First, you need to make sure the watery eyes are indeed caused by an allergy. Dry eye syndrome can cause that as well, and treatment would be different. For watery eyes due to allergies you can use an antihistamine eye drop, like pataday, and/or an oral antihistamine like zyrtec (cetirizine). Please check with your doctor first, to establish the cause.
Dr. Jay Bradley
Cornea, Cataract, & Refractive (LASIK & PRK) Surgery 19 years experience
Allergy meds: Try artifical tears, cool compresses and topical and/or oral allergy medications to see if the issue resolves. If no improvement, see an eye doctor.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 35-year-old member asked:

What can help with allergy relief for the eyes?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Cheng
Family Medicine 27 years experience
Natural : Consider saline nasal rises such as neilmed that you can get at any pharmacy without a prescription to remove nasal allergies but also using a otc med such as naph con a.
Last updated Jun 8, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.