How is diabetic kidney disease treated?

Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Several ways: The simple answer is, control your diabetes and control your blood pressure. In terms of blood pressure this usually involves a type of medicine called ace inhibitors.
Dr. David Geffner
Endocrinology 55 years experience
Variously: Prevention using an acei or arb and good blood sugar control. For established disease it depends on how badly it has progressed. It is the #1 cause of the need for dialysis and transplantation for chronic kidney disease in the us.
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Nephrology and Dialysis 41 years experience
Control blood sugar: It is most important to control diabetes and blood pressure and cholesterol and also to avoid things that make kidneys deteriorate like prostate enlargement and some medications. Ace inhibitors used cautiously as tolerated may extend kidney life span.