Is it possible to contract hiv or aids from drinking after someone who most likely has it?

Dr. Stanley Lightfoot
59 years experience
See below: While the risk is fairly low it is possible so why place yourself at risk.
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
There is no risk here. No even a 'fairly low' risk. The answer is no emphatically.
Jan 15, 2014
Pathology 45 years experience
I say "no": During the years when there was no effective treatment for hiv, household contacts simply did not catch the virus. Sharing utensils, glasses, the chalice in church and so forth are important to me. Stop worrying about an impossible scenario and get on with enjoying life and friendship.

Last updated Jan 15, 2014