Concord, NH

My son headbutted me twice in the past week. i went to the er and they said that the bone is not broken but the left side is clogged mostly. i have allergies also and i'm in pain. what should i do?

Dr. Nela Cordero
NOSE TRAUMA: Try taking decongestant and analgesic to relieve congestion and pain. Hope you feel better.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Powlin Manuel
Allergy and Immunology 52 years experience
Should be better : Even if there is no fracture, the pain will be there for a few days. Allergy medication and advil (ibuprofen) should provide some relief.
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 58 years experience
Fracture nose: If you never had clogged nose before, you might have had a nasal fracture which may not be obvious if occurring high up in the nose consider getting a x-ray.
Last updated Sep 12, 2013