Rio Nido, CA

i have congestive heart failure with a 30% ejection fraction, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy , and left bundle branch block is it safe for me to fly?

Dr. Rick Koch
Cardiology 22 years experience
If you are : Euvolemic and hemodynamically stable with minimal symptoms...Yes!
Dr. Peter Karpawich
Pediatric Cardiology 46 years experience
Depends: It depends on your overall health. Do you have an icd, are you on daily oxygen, daily medications, can you sit for exended lengths of time, how long is the flight? Commercial airlines have cabin pressures set to about 7000ft. So if you can tolerate that altitude (denver is about 5600ft), air travel may be ok. Discuss with your doctor. Tsa will need to know if you have an icd.