U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Lenoir, NC
A 38-year-old female asked:

What is the best way to resolve conflict (constant arguing) when living with elderly who have health problems?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
Out of our depth: This is a big question and is not a simple one to answer. My initial thoughts are asking your family doctor for any community programs that would provide adult day health...A day care for the elderly to lessen the burden on the caregiver. Also i wonder about other mental health programs and therapy around the burdens of aging and providing care. The last option is one that includes nursing home.
Dr. Dean Giannone
Internal Medicine 26 years experience
Stressful situation.: Caring for an unhealthy elderly person is very stressful, and can easily make you more prone to outbursts of anger and intolerance. There are support groups for caregivers, and nursing homes often offer respite care where they watch your elderly relative for a week or so to give you a breather. That may break the anger cycle you're in.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 46-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 50-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer7 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jan 4, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.