Sacramento, CA

Severe neck pain radiates down arm. 5 days now. much less pain when walking. most pain when sitting. little to no pain when laying on back.

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management 27 years experience
Radicular pain: I think you need to see your pcp. It sounds like a "pinched" nerve in your neck. I would suggest physical therapy and the use of nsaids. One could consider an mri, but it is very early.
Dr. Zachariah George
Neurosurgery 15 years experience
Herniated disk: This may be the sign of a herniated disc with nerve compression. You should see your pmd to have yourself evaluated with a neurological exam to see if you need imaging and also to help you with the pain. Many of these cases resolve on its own with just some time and therapy.

Last updated Jun 9, 2019