U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Tallahassee, FL
A female asked:

My gymnast has a swollen ankle from constantly hitting her feet together. it feels like there is fluid there. no pain. does she need to see a dr?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
A sports medicine: Specialist would be a good choice. Even if no one event is problematic, repetitive movements can cause serious health problems.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Psychiatry 33 years experience
Ankle: Start with your family doctor for exam. He/she may refer you to a specialist if necessary.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 44-year-old female asked:
My foot was hit by the car door and now I badly swollen ankle. what does this mean?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old member asked:
Swollen feet and ankles what carbohydrates retain body fluids?
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A 49-year-old member asked:
I was hit in the ankle by a softball. Now my ankle and foot are bruised and swollen treatment?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Jun 23, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.