is loss of appetite normal with sjgren's syndrome. i'm don't eat much anymore and nothing sounds good to eat plus i'm nauseous a lot of times?

Dr. Chad Boomershine
Rheumatology 19 years experience
Not typical: Nausea is not typical for sjogren's. Something else might be going on like an ulcer. Recommend you get evaluated by a gastroenterologist.
Dr. Tracy Lovell
Rheumatology 21 years experience
See below: Agree with other doctor's comments but sjogren's on occasion can affect the GI tract. You may need to see a gastreoenterologist.
Dr. Thomas Namey
Rheumatology 48 years experience
Why! GI docs no nothing about this! Endoscopy? May show problems but, I can treat what they find! Pernicious Anemia, decreased pancreatic secretions, loss of colonic mucous are all features of SS! Most GI docs have not a clue. And, I am sending you an abstract on HO=Q and Ridaura!
Jun 22, 2013
Dr. Tracy Lovell
Rheumatology 21 years experience
Provided original answer
Yes, gastroenterologists do know about this. Small bowel lymphoma can occur in the setting sjogren's. Perhaps you have not had the experience of taking of a patient who has had this, but I have. I have also taken care of a patient with Sjogren's who MALT lymphoma in their stomach and it was not due to H. pylori.
Jun 22, 2013