i have had pinworms for some time now. i am too embarressed to talk to my doctor about it and was wondering if there was a natural remedy to treat it.

3 doctor answers
Dr. Linda Green
44 years experience Pediatric Allergy and Asthma
No: You need to see a doctor. Don't be embarrassed, it is a common problem.
Answered on May 6, 2016
1
1
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff commented
55 years experience Infectious Disease
And there are OTC preparations. Chat with your friendly pharmacist.
Jun 18, 2013
45 years experience Pediatrics
OTC Meds: There is an over the counter preparation for this problem sold under various names. Pyrantel pamoate is the active ingredient.Instructions come with the medicine.
Answered on Jun 18, 2013
1
Dr. Hillel Naon
42 years experience Pediatric Gastroenterology
Do not be embarrasse: Go see your doctor who will prescribe you the medicine. I am not aware of any natural remedy for pinworms. Also, it will be important to find how you get reinfected. Wash your hands well!
Answered on May 27, 2016
1