I think i saw someone who wasn't really there, it's freaking me out. am i going crazy?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 37 years experience
That's not enough: For anyone to think about your going crazy. I can believe that it freaked you out and depending on who it is or was and the whole story, it can cause intense feelings too. I have no way of knowing how it happened, but visual hallucinations of a particular person are not the way symptoms of psychotic conditions usually begin in an otherwise well adjusted (or even average) adult.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Not necessarily: If you're having visual hallucinations, you need to see your physician because there's a long list of possible medical (not necessarily psychiatric or "going crazy") causes -- including drugs & alcohol. Certainly if this continues, these need to be investigated. I don't know the circumstances of what you saw, but severe mourning can also be accompanied by visions of the person who has died.
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology 28 years experience
"Going Bonkers"?: For a fascinating ted talk by neurologist dr. Oliver sacks on hallucinations & what they can tell us about our brain see http://bit.Ly/10d8ws7. Hallucinations don't need to mean you are "going bonkers, " a phrase sacks likes to use.