U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 49-year-old member asked:

How can i stop sunken eyes?

3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Ophthalmology 46 years experience
No way to do this: This is usually a genetic or inherited appearance which has to do with the loss of fat in the fat pads surrounding each eye. Unless you have lost a lot of weight, this is just the way it will look.
Dr. Richard Hector
Ophthalmology 10 years experience
Medication: Are you using glaucoma drops/medication? That may also cause this to happen.
Dr. Alan Mindlin
51 years experience
Not simple: There any many causes most of which are benign including fat atrophy from aging and even bariatric surgery. Make sure it is not from something else more serious.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 34-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 48-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Last updated Aug 9, 2015

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.