are any special tests needed, or can a regular doctor see me for my bronchitis?

Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera answered
Regular: Your regular doctor should be well trained in the diagnosis and management of bronchitis.
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Regular doc: Can diagnose you and treat you.
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Depends...: Acute bronchitis can be diagnosed by your family doctor on the basis of your symptoms and physical exam findings. Chronic bronchitis, a form of copd, can be diagnosed by your family doctor on symptoms, physical exam findings and pulmonary function testing. Typically, pfts are interpreted by a lung doctor but can be ordered by your family doctor and the results will be sent to your doctor.