U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old female asked:

I've this stomach pain that makes me nauseous and i get sick even thinking about food the pain is spread out but mostly on the right side please hlp me?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Lisa Vansaghi
Internal Medicine 21 years experience
Should see a dr.: Abdominal pain is hard to diagnose without an exam, but can caused by some things that are serious. If it doesn't get better within a day or two, or if the pain is bad enough to keep you from your usual routine, you should probably see a doctor about it.
Dr. Maritza Baez
Family Medicine 17 years experience
See a doctor: Most people think their whole abdomen is their stomach, but the stomach is in the upper middle or upper left of the abdomen. If your lower abdomen hurts, that could be your skin, muscles, bladder, uterus, or intestines. If the upper part of your abdomen hurts, it could be acid reflux, pancreatitis, or other problems. See a doctor for an assessment.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 18, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.