A member asked:

I just had a sebaceous cyst on my breast rupture under my skin. will i be ok?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Richard Tholen answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

On the size of the infected cyst and the amount of inflamed tissue around it. You may still need antibiotic therapy and local wound care to minimize scarring and/or recurrence. Unless this was a small pimple-like lesion, you should keep the site clean, use a topical antibiotic ointment, and see your doctor promptly. Consider urgent care centers if you cannot get an appointment soon.

Answered Jun 11, 2013



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Barry Cohen answered

Specializes in

Should heal uneventfully. Look for redness/infection and if so seek md care. If you do not get it excised it will likely recur.

Answered Nov 27, 2017



Related Questions

A member asked:

Is bruising normal when a breast cyst ruptures. ?

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

A member asked:

Can breast cancer really start out looking like a sebaceous cyst?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor