Independence, KY

I just had a sebaceous cyst on my breast rupture under my skin. will i be ok?

Dr. Richard Tholen
Plastic Surgery 42 years experience
Depends: On the size of the infected cyst and the amount of inflamed tissue around it. You may still need antibiotic therapy and local wound care to minimize scarring and/or recurrence. Unless this was a small pimple-like lesion, you should keep the site clean, use a topical antibiotic ointment, and see your doctor promptly. Consider urgent care centers if you cannot get an appointment soon.
Dr. Barry Cohen
35 years experience
Yes: Should heal uneventfully. Look for redness/infection and if so seek md care. If you do not get it excised it will likely recur.

Last updated Nov 27, 2017