U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 24-year-old member asked:

Do i have to see a specialist to get a chorionic villus sampling cvs ordered?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kevin Daus
Obstetrics and Gynecology 38 years experience
No: Your obgyn can order it for you by sending you to a specialist who does the procedure.
Dr. Miguel Cano
Obstetrics and Gynecology 31 years experience
YES!!: You need a specialist, a maternal-fetal expert, also called a perinatologist to do this. Your OB can order it, but you need a specialist with experience & skills to minimize risks to your fetus.

Similar questions

A 36-year-old member asked:

Is the chorionic villus sampling cvs a risky thing to do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Kevin Daus
Obstetrics and Gynecology 38 years experience
Yes and no: Any time you have a procedure like this done it can make you loose the pregnancy.

Related questions

A 43-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 37-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 46-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Oct 3, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.