U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 45-year-old member asked:

What kind of doctor sees somebody for subconjunctival hemorrhage?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology 28 years experience
General and eye: A subconjunctival hemorrhage is often a chance occurence, caused by a microscopic tear in a blood vessel on the outside of the eye. Although the tear heals very quickly, the blood that spilled out remains caught between the clear skin (conjunctiva) and the white of the eye below it. General and eye doctors can diagnose it. No treatment is necessary or available, but repeat bouts should be checked.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.