i have a clogged sweat gland on my foot. it is so painful to walk on sometimes. what can i do to get rid of and how long does it take to get rid of.

3 doctor answers
Dr. Wenjay Sung
13 years experience Podiatry
Clogged sweat gland: A clogged gland on the bottom of the foot is like a stubborn painful callus. Use Vicks vapor rub to weaken the callus around the clogged gland, then par it down. Then use spray deodorant (the armpit kind) to decrease sweat, this decreases friction. If that doesn't help, try otc inserts from a drug store to help off-load callus area. Lastly, see a doctor to par it down. Hope that helps!
Answered on Aug 6, 2020
1
1
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Dr. Wenjay Sung commented
13 years experience Podiatry
Provided original answer
Welcome! If you have other questions, please let me know. Aldo, if you can vote for me and follow my profile, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Jun 12, 2013
Dr. Joseph Eastern
43 years experience Dermatology
Need diagnosis.: A clogged sweat gland? Those are not painful unless they are infected, which seems unlikely since you say it only hurts "sometimes". I strongly suggest that you see a dermatologist and get a precise diagnosis. Once you know what it is, it can be treated.
Answered on Jun 7, 2013
Dr. Thomas Inwood
34 years experience Podiatry
Sweat gland: How do you know it is a clogged sweat gland ? You need to see you podiatrist and get a diagnosis and then they will help you treat it appropriately . Good luck.
Answered on Apr 13, 2016