Is it true hrt causes breast cancer, and uterine? how long shld i stay on it? cancer runs on my side espec. breast cancer, my mom. aunt ovarian cancer

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

See below: Certain hormones, especially longer use of estrogens, can increase a person's risk of breast cancer. Estrogen is listed as a known carcinogen on the fda web site & there is a class action lawsuit ongoing against premarin (conjugated estrogens). See site: http://m.Cancer.Org/cancer/cancercauses/othercarcinogens/generalinformationaboutcarcinogens/known-and-probable-human-carcinogens.

Answered 12/9/2013

5.1k views

Investigate: Carefully as there is a lot of hyperbole and conflicting information on this issue. The studies linking hrt to breast cancer only showed a link in one group of women on one type of estrogen/progesterone pill. The women on estrogen alone actually had lower incidences. Don't believe the hype, find out as much factual info as you can and make the intelligent decisions that you feel comfortable with.

Answered 6/9/2013

5.1k views