Kennedale, TX

got spina bifida n got severe constant pain on bottom of left ahoulderblade. toke hydrocodone, flexeril, (cyclobenzaprine hcl) n ibuprofen + daily meds.please help if possibl?

Dr. Vikram Patel
Pain Management 37 years experience
Spina bifida: Spina bifida is not likely to be the cause for your pain. Have proper evaluation for this pain. It could be just muscular at your age. It is not a good idea to take opiates at this young age( or any age for that matter) for long time. Hydrocodone is one of the most abused drugs in history. Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hcl) is a sedative basically and should only be taken in case of acute spasms for short time.