Las Vegas, NV

Im 23 and my blood pressure was 107 over 37 lastnight after checking due to palpitations, my concern because i'm on zoloft (sertraline). is that a normal bp?

Dr. Cyma Khalily
NOT REALLY: No the systolic of 107 is great. The diastolic of 37 is extremely low and needs to be rechecked. See your doctor and make sure that you are not dehydrated to have such a low pressure. Not sure what BP device you used but perhaps it is inaccurate.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 46 years experience
Your diastolic: Of 37 is low, but it is probably a spurious result, especially if it was taken on automatic cuff. I don't think it is related to zoloft (sertraline). Have your BP taken manually by a medical person to be sure.
Last updated Jun 10, 2014